Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gunshop Cafe, West End

The Gunshop Cafe (http://www.thegunshopcafe.com/home) is one of those places that I have heard and read lots about, but never made the effort to venture to.  I decided to change this fact and visit the breakfast institution for brunch this morning.


The place was chockers full of people - a great sign!  We only waited about 5 minutes for our table which is much better than I had expected, going by peer reviews.  The ambience and presentation of the place is very much "west end", with its eclectic mix of people and mis-matched furniture.




The cafe slowed down at about noon.


Mr Label Me ordered the Double smoked bacon, poached eggs, tomato, herbed hollandaise and sourdough ($15.50).  He was rather underwhelmed with his dish - apparently the hollandaise was bland and the sourdough was over-toasted.


Looks appetising, but looks can be deceiving!




I ordered the Canadian brioche french toast with bacon, maple syrup, caramelised banana and pecans ($17.50).  It was absolutely delicious!  I even forgave them for the 35-minute wait for the food ;-)


This makes the Sunday brunch worth living for.


Obviously my experience was far better than Mr Label Me's but we agreed that we should return and try the seemingly-popular potato fetta hash cakes.  All in all, one of the best brunches I've had in Brissy and I love that they open for breakfast until 12.30pm on Sundays.  A definite thumbs up from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment