Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hair from Heaven

Who doesn't want fabulous hair 24/7?  If you're like me and don't have the moolah for an on-call personal hair stylist, then the 5 products below will allow you to "fake it til you make it"! 


#1: MoroccanOil Original Oil Treatment


All you have to do with this is towel-dry your hair, and rub half-a-5c-piece's worth (for medium-length fine hair) of oil into damp hair.  I'm not sure how it works, but this has cut down at least a third of my usual blow-drying time and leaves it soooo soft and shiny. You know you're doing something right when people start complimenting you on your shiny hair! 


Available from Stefan hair salons or online at many websites such as www.ry.com.au.  The full-size 100mL costs $49.50 and the 25mL costs $24.95. (I bought the smaller size; it's been 3 months and I've used about 1/8 of it). 






#2: MoroccanOil Intense Hydrating Mask


A frolleague of mine (check out her blog at www.thoughtsobservationshumour.blogspot.com) very generously bought this for me as a gift, and it perfectly complements the oil. I try to use it once a week. The 250mL jar costs $49.50. 








#3: Parlux Ceramic & Ionic 3500 Hair Dryer


I won't bore you with the scientific details of why this hair dryer is fabulous (seeing as I'm probably not qualified to, having graduated with a B in physics)... just know that it simply is!  It is much more powerful than your average hair dryer, so apart from cutting down drying time, it also leaves your hair soft and shiny. Sells for $144.95 on www.ry.com.au.  






#4: Cloud Nine Hair Straightener


This amazing gadget is the new GHD... only better! The people behind this styling tool were actually the creators of GHD. I guess they set out to make something better! 


One of the key differences is that the Cloud9 has a temperature gauge with 6 different settings. I could never straighten my fringe with the GHD because the temperature was far too hot, so I am very thankful for this feature. Basically Cloud9's philosophy is to do the same thing as the GHD, only with less heat so your hair is left in a healthier state. They also claim that the special black plates make your hair shinier with each use... and I actually believe them! 


The wide iron retails for $270 and the micro iron retails for $90. I bought the Christmas package (pictured below) for $200 at Stelios Papas salon (Queen St, Brisbane). I'm pretty sure various salons still stock this gift set, so be quick if you want one! 










#5: Keune Shampoo


I've used a fair few shampoos in my lifetime, including supermarket and hair salon brands, and high-end products from Redken, Keratase and GHD.  Some work at first, but eventually neglect to do their job and/or leave awful residue behind (probably my #1 gripe).  This shampoo has lasted me for about 6 months now, and still going strong. Like any other shampoo, the trick is to lather a few drops into your hair, wet it again, and then apply a 5c piece's worth before lathering further.


Retails for $18.50 and it will last you ages! 








Whilst I am over the moon with these five tools/products with how they've improved my tresses, the one thing I'm still searching for is the perfect hairspray. I'm currently using Tresemme, but I've heard great things about the MoroccanOil hairspray so I'll probably try this out and let you know if it's any good.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment